Sunday, October 22, 2023

I did an interview for Adoption Uncovered


I haven't shared much on here in a while but recently, I was asked to be interviewed on a podcast so I wanted to share it here. This is a podcast by an adoptive mother. Of course I hesitated about doing this interview because.... who knows how this would be spun. I wanted to tell my truth and the truth about what the adoption industry does. I did a call with Charlyn prior to doing the interview because I wanted to get a feeling for how things would go. She was kind and open to learning about my experience. She's an adoptive mom who knows that there are problems with the industry and she's open to learning more about our experiences. She made me feel very comfortable and I was able to talk about the industry the way I needed to without feeling like I would be attacked for it. If you've been online talking about this, then you know that's a big thing.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/6nEpZGHKlSjd4HoQw36tQG

Check out the link above to listen. We talked for an hour but it was edited down to about 25 minutes. I really wish that all of our conversation could be included in the podcast but I have no control over that. Many things that I talked about, including birth certificate access, stepparent adoptee issues, Georgia Tann and the origin of sealed records, etc.... were left out. But, the fact that an adoptive mom asked to learn about the problems with adoption, I felt were a good thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment