Thursday, February 16, 2012

Just a show

I watched Parenthood again this week. I'm not so sure it's good for me to watch that show anymore. All I ended up doing is yelling at the TV. The story line with the PAP and the pregnant girl really ticked me off this time. The PAP is doing her damnedest to help the expectant mother get her GED, find a job, and help her with her situation yet she still plans on taking her baby from her and calling the unborn child "hers". The writers of the show are making the PAPs out to be saviors of this young mom yet they're not helping her so she can KEEP her baby, of course not. It doesn't even seem to occur to the PAPs that the help they're trying to give her is the help she needs in order to do just that. I don't know what the writers have in mind for next week. If I do watch the show I'll be sitting there yelling at the girl to RUN! Run as far and as fast as you can. Don't let anyone talk you into adoption. Your situation is temporary, adoption is forever! Don't do this to you and your baby.

*sigh* ~  it's just a TV show yet I wish someday, sometime a story could be portrayed from the mother's point of view. Writers, give us the other side please.



4 comments:

  1. I saw just a bit of that, I don't usually watch it. I also saw a "news" story about "Facebook Adoption" that is supposed to make us all warm and fuzzy that PAPs are finding their babies on FB. I didn't catch all of it, but did tune in hoping that they would mention the community of adoptees and natural mothers. Not. Just the one side of the story. Not very balanced reporting if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adoption seems to be the fall back plot line for a dozen shows these days--thank god it's not on Survivor or Downton Abbey. I could scream--well, I often do. On Downton Abbey the poor single mother kept her baby, even though the real grandparents wanted to wisk the son away and tell him she(a lowly maid) was dead. She said no, nothing could compare with the love of his mother!! Hooray for the writers!

    Even that new show Smash injected a proposed adoption into the pilot--the busy lyricist half of a musical writing team, who it has already been shown, doesn't have time for the son she already has.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right Lorraine, even the book I just finished reading had adoption show up as a major part of the plot line for 2 of the characters. There's just no escaping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is society, steeped in corruption and lies, looking for the altruistic? sigh... they never learn.

    ReplyDelete